Monday, February 20, 2006

United Airlines Customer Care Gone To India

Sent to United Airlines after speaking with their incompetent off-shored customer care:

As long-time United fliers and previous Premier and Premier Executives with
United, my husband and I were extremely disapointed to find that United calls to
the 1-800-UNITED1 number were directed to India (or some country other than
America). On Mon 2/20 at 8:45 pm EST, I attempted to call United to add our
infant daughter to an existing itinerary. This simple matter, that had been
handled efficiently the 3 previous times we flew United with our baby, turned
into quite the aggravation. The representative did not speak English clearly,
did not understand simple English spoken clearly, put me on hold 4 times, and
stalled excessively before finally putting me on hold (again) so that I could
speak with his supervisor. This agent did not know how to do his job and I had
to repeatedly inform him of how the "adding-an-infant" procedure went, as he had
no idea. He also told me that it was impossible to send a confirmation email
(even though we'd always received one previously) and told me that it would be
useless to talk to his supervisor. I am EXTREMELY disapointed that a such
routine call turned into such a fiasco. I used to be able to call United and
know that my travel needs would be met to my satisfaction. For me to remain
loyal to a company, having quality customer service is a must.

No comments: